The cream cheese makes the Bonbons easy but it also makes them perishable, so be sure to keep the finished product refrigerated.
Recipe: Very Easy Raspberry Bonbons
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces melted white chocolate (set aside until just barely warm)
- 3/4 cup of crushed cookie crumbs (like Pepperidge Farm Chessmen)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1-2 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup very finely chopped shredded coconut or blanched almonds
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of mixer and beat on medium-high speed until it is smooth and creamy. Add the warm, melted white chocolate and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth, thick and completely cool.
- Add the cookie crumbs, raspberry preserves, vanilla, and food coloring to the mixture and continue to beat until all the ingredients are evenly blended. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Use a melon baller or measuring spoon to scoop portions of the chilled mixture and quickly shape the portions into small balls between you palms. Roll each one in a shallow plate containing the prepared coconut.
- Space the Bonbons on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate them several hours before arranging them in single layers alternating with sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container. Keep the container refrigerated.